Monday, November 10, 2008

Chicago!

This last weekend I headed to Chicago! We all had our reasons for going on this trip, a little work - a LOT of play - and some much needed relaxation! (And when I say relaxation I mean walking around the city until you have blisters on your feet, dancing the night away until you have blisters on your feet and shopping until you can't look at brand names anymore!) It was PERFECT!

I have been to Chicago many times before, but this is the first time that I took a few days to really experience the city and we did it up! We went to some AMAZING restaurants! Check them out - Alinea ( for the dinner of a lifetime!), Avec ( for uber yummy comfort food), Orange (for the breakfast lovers out there!) and The Signature Room on the 96th floor of the John Hancock building (for an amazing view and desert!) I think I've gained some LBS. in the past 4 days, but it was soooooooo good!


I had some goals for this past weekend. First, was to shoot entirely with my new point and shoot, the Canon G10 and not touch my 5D. I'm not going to lie, it was tough! I realllllllllly love the G10 and it was SO much fun to have a camera to whip out at the spur of the moment, but also frustrating to adapt to! I'm getting the hang of it though! You will notice that all of the following photos are in Black and White....this was also a little weird project of mine for this trip....just for FUN!


We arrived in Chicago 48 hours after all of the buzz and Obama being named the next President elect! The first stop we made was at Grant Park. There was nothing but a fenced up park and people picking up....and kicking us out! BUT we were able to grab a quick photo.....just to be cheezy and say 'we were there'....'48 hours late....' Did I mention it was RAINING?



We also met this dude. I forgot to get his name. He has been on the road for 18 months, in this CNN van, producing coverage of the election. He was super cool, but a bit jaded from all he has seen on the road....I think I would be too!






Obamarama was EVERYWHERE! They are extremely proud of their 'hometown hero'...








Alright, enough politics...here are some snapshots from Chicago...











...You can't tell what we are looking at, but it's a HOT pair of Jimmy Choos!...







Woo hoo! Yeah for mini-vacations! I feel refreshed and ready to work on the HUGE things I'm about to release to the world!


eliesa

6 comments:

  1. Nice project! And I'm stoked to see what you are releasing to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Glad to hear that you got to RELAX!! You deserve it babe!!
    R
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! Looks like it was a blast! (and great pics from the G10!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one! A vacation, that is! And an eliesa too! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judd is looking FRESH.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOO FUN!! Oh Eliesa and her adventures! Can't wait to see you again!

    Hugs, Danelle

    ReplyDelete