Sunday, March 9, 2008

Remembering Papa...

My grandfather passed away this evening, though everyone referred to him as Papa. I feel like I should somehow honor him or share some memories about him and this blog is the only way I know how to do it! Papa was a business man, first and foremost. He lived by watching his pennies and clipping coupons...always finding 'A Deal'. Though, he had a very nice lifestyle and loved to play cards, golf and end his day with a glass of whisky! He was also a true gentleman! Papa was married twice. My grandmother (Nana) died when I was really small, and he re-married to a wonderful woman named Marie. Marie died about 3 years ago and at her funeral, I remember him going around to all the ladies, taking their jackets and making sure they all had enough coffee and cake! He was a great man who lived a fabulous life! Below is one of my all-time-favorite photos of us! We love you Papa!

eliesa

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Eleisa-
    I am sorry to hear about your loss.
    It sounds like your Papa and my grandfather would get along on character any day.

    take care, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute to your Papa! You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful photo of the two of you. David Williams would be happy! :)

    Sorry for your loss.

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliesa,
    So sorry to hear about your Papa... my great-uncle George(who was truly a grandfather to me) passed last winter... I SO know what you mean when you say "Gentleman"... their era was the last of the true Gentlemen... I'm sure that he is VERY proud of you!!
    Our thoughts are with you...
    much love,
    Roz & Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for posting this. love you, m&d

    ReplyDelete