Sunday, March 30, 2008

An Experiment!

Today it was a whole 40 some degrees in Minnesota....WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!! What better to do than go on some photo exploration? Judd came across the HDR technique, which stands for High Dynamic Range imaging. Basically, it's bracketing the same image and layering them to create shadows and highlights and a 'surreal' effect! So, I went out and tried my hand at it. Looking online, I couldn't believe that these images had no 'crazy photoshop effects' added to them, but what I found out was a pleasant surprise..

...the originals...
Photobucket

...after the images were combined to make one image...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...this last one, I put myself in the frame. I wanted to see how this transfered over with people. I also added 1 photoshop 'action' to see how that effected it. I don't see too much of a difference with the action...
Photobucket

Photobucket


I'm not sure if this is a technique that I would use on a daily basis, but I can see how it would sure be cool in the right setting! Especially if one was on a white sandy beach with clear blue water and awesome clouds.......I'm dreaming, I know.....it's the MN winter!


eliesa

5 comments:

  1. oh eliesa - I love you girl! You are too cute! The last one is by far my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi eliesa, my name is Casey and I'm Judd's cousin (3rd? 4th? i can't remember but somehow we're related, ha) and I found your blog through a bulletin he did on myspace a while ago.

    anyways, I just wanted to say that you are an AMAZING photographer! I love so many of your shots :) They are all so very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Minnesota but you make it look like some European city with your photo walk shots! Cool HDR stuff too! Sorry to say this, but it was rather "cold" here in L.A. this past weekend with highs in the low 60's, and overcast skies. Oh well.

    Hope you're doing well!

    Mike P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't be as mean as Michael and rub in the fact that it had been a "freezing" cold week in northern cal, with overnight low in the 50's! Thank goodness it warms up to an almost bearable low 70's during the day...

    Love the HDR, always thought about trying it, but requires carrying a tripod around during the wedding... Are you thinking about doing that during a wedding?


    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the technique. Everytime I look at your blog i get smiles on my face. you are such an awesome photographer and so much hilarious, i love it!!

    ReplyDelete