Monday, October 20, 2008

The Dirty South!

I am so fortunate and blessed to have the job that I do. I am able to travel, meet new people, and do what I love! I also get to experience locations in this world from another perspective! When people think of Louisiana they might think of warm weather, the gulf, cajun food and the French Quarter. This trip for me opened my eyes to what much of America is dealing with. Poverty and a sense of helplessness. I had a few moments to drive around a small town in Louisiana and photograph. The feeling overall in this town was abandonment and it made me realize how very lucky we all are and to appreciate everything we have!













...Here is just some randomness...


...This is actually a cemetery - it was the only 'park-like-place' we could find! So, we dined with the dead!...










...I shot an A-MAZING wedding down here and I can not WAIT to blog about the photos! I also shot some sweeeeeet film shots with a Holga that I'm excited to share with you soon as well!...



eliesa

1 comment:

  1. well these shots made me cry. i am in LOVE with LA. isnt it beautiful?!! i miss your little face!

    ReplyDelete